They say behind every successful man is a great woman. I don’t know about every woman, but I can definitely say that for me the reverse is also true. Behind a lot of my growth and key achievements has stood my husband. He has prayed for me, encouraged me, pulled me up when I’m not at my best and even when he annoys me he somehow always makes me smile. My husband is my rock. I love that after so many years we are still so close and have developed a rhythm. I love that we are a team. I pray that we forever share a love of God, travel, literature, food, movies and old homes with lots of character and modern comforts.
Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for being my king, my best friend– a true captain of inestimable value. Here is to building a beautiful present and future. Here are the 10 things I love about you (amongst many and in no particular order :-)).
- I love the way you laugh. It is infectious.
- That I can still talk to you for hours about any and everything.
- How you love and respect me and constantly invest in our marriage.
- That you always kiss my forehead before you sleep.
- That you buy me apple crumble and custard whenever you go near my favourite crumble shop and that if you are home before me you always ask what I would like to eat.
- Wake me up super early to pray and encourage me to spend more time in the word.
- Set regular family goal review sessions to make sure we are both working towards fulfilling our vision.
- Send me random articles that stimulate my thinking.
- I love that you give me my space but also your time.
- That you are so fun and down to earth yet super disciplined.